Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)



While I now understand the cover it's a Miss

Title: The Hunger Games (Hunger Games #1)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages: 374 pages, Hardcover
Published: October 1st 2008 by Scholastic
Favorite Quote:
“Here's some advice. Stay alive.” Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
Summary:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister Primrose, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before — and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


So Hit or Miss

I'm an emotional reader. Time and time again I fall into the worlds of my books. I become the characters, it would seem. I follow their path and emerse myself in their world. Some books defintely make this process easier for me then others. Not every book can take you somewhere, but The Hunger Games is defintely one of those favorites for me. And boy did it take me places.

A real ride I followed, I tell you. I can't tell you how I gasped at the drawing of sweet and young and innocent Prim. Then thus I was thrown into the chaos of the games. In mere hours I finished this book and luckily I was able to move on to the next two. Kat is protrayed so strong to me. Every chapter compelled me to the next. That's one thing I really loved about this book. Each ending of a chapter really kept me wanting more. I was always saying to myself, "I'll stop after this chapter." only for the chapter to end at such a turn of events that I HAD to keep reading.

And can I just say that Peeta was the most surprising and enjoyable character. Though I rarely like love triangles. I enjoyed this one! Mainly for the sheer fact that it was written so authentically. I could see every struggle and I could understand why they occurred. Their was never any doubt that the character should act a certian way.

I truly believe this book is in par with some of the great story tellers both classically and of our generation. Hunger Games Easily captured me as Harry Potter had done. It is a story that many will enjoy!

that is why this book is officially

HIT

A classic if I ever saw one! HIT

No comments:

Post a Comment