Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review: If I stay

    
Title: If I Stay (If I Stay #1)
 Author: by 
Paperback, 234 pages
Published April 6th 2010 by Speak

Summary GR:
A critically acclaimed novel that will change the way you look at life, love, and family. 

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.

SO HIT OR MISS
To start off I just have to say this is the most influential and powerful book I have read all year. As many of you know I am a emotional reader/person. I was so completely over come while reading this book. I never went more than 20 pages without shedding tears.
This book was so skillfully written. It follows the spirit of a girl named Mia who tragedy has struck. Mia slowly discovers where she is what happens and is faced with a choice.
While reading this book  I cried alot. I fell in love. I was wracked with unfathomable sadness and grief.
This story really is the most touching stories I have ever come across.

One of my favorite aspects of this story was the sheer complexity in all of the characters featured in this book. Everyone had a story to tell and each story was told well without over shadowing one over the other. I loved Mia's grandparents and the role they played through out the book. From Mia's bestfriend to Mia's Cello instructer, Everything written built more upon this classic story.

And even with all this tragedy and sadness the major theme I found was Life. Everyone's life. The art of living. Oh My GOSH! I can't even put into words how much this story means to me now. 
I am so thankful to have picked up this book and read it. The tears were worth it. 

HIT!


No comments:

Post a Comment