Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted


Goddess Interrupted 

(Goddess Test#2)

Paperback296 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by HarlequinTeen

GOODREADS SUMMARY:

KATE WINTERS HAS WON IMMORTALITY.

BUT IF SHE WANTS A LIFE WITH HENRY IN THE UNDERWORLD, SHE'LL HAVE TO FIGHT FOR IT.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry's first wife, Persephone.

SO HIT OR MISS

The Goddess Test was the first novel I ever reviewed on this blog. I absolutely loved that novel and I was so excited to hear that this sequel would be releasing soon. I started seeing early reviews come up and here I became conflicted. Many of my favorite bloggers were not as inthralled with this installment because of how obsessively in love with Henry Kate seemed to be. I read all about how it was the main focus of this novel and overall it seemed like this book would not be good.

But I'm glad I went ahead and picked it up anyway.

Why?

Because I Loved THIS INSTALLMENT!
Yup you heard right. This was just as good if not better than it's predecessor.

Kate returns from her spring/summer in greece to a distant husband and more drama than she was probably expecting on her first day back.

In Kate's shoes I too would have been focused on Henry's love for me as much as she is. A new marriage, Titans and Ex wives drama. I mean really!

I honestly finished Goddess interrupted in 4 hours and 20 something minutes. No lie.

It was so good and right when I think the drama is over, the ending comes up and the last page kills me! 

Now I have to wait until 2013 for a conclusion to this major cliff hanger. I mean it is so unexpected that I never would have guessed. I actually re-read it! And then the little excerpt at the back featuring Henry!

I will be there opening day to get my copy. Matter fact I will be pre ordering my copy!

I'm so excited. But not just about the cliff hanger.

I'm excited to find out more about the titans and the battles and the gods! Totally Lost in the Goddess Test world!



1 comment:

  1. What a pretty cover and a great review.

    New follower.

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete